About Hire Space
Hire Space provides everything needed for businesses to host world-class virtual, hybrid or in-person events, both in the UK and globally. As long-standing EventTech leaders, we are at the forefront of the rapidly growing world of virtual events. To help us on this journey we are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our passionate and collaborative team.
We operate the UK’s largest venue marketplace, which hosts over 6,000 venues and is used by over 2 million prospective event planners each year. Our clients include Google, Facebook, Red Bull, UNICEF, and Dr. Martens. We have built a reputation for delivering world-class virtual events and are the force behind the largest virtual Xmas party of 2020.
We’re looking for smart, curious, and self-starting people from all backgrounds to join our team. Ultimately, we're here to make events a joy.
As Senior Product Manager you are responsible for setting the process and culture through which we develop products at Hire Space. You’ll drive forward the big tech projects which will transform Hire Space and which will, ultimately, make event-booking a joy across the world.
You’ll help us build new products to improve the way that people connect in light of COVID, as well as improving our established products that help people to organise in-person events. You’ll be responsible for deeply understanding the underlying needs of our customers and translating that into impactful product outcomes. You’ll also select and track metrics to measure the impact of product decisions that we make and be responsible for using this data to inform our decisions.
Hire Space’s mission is to make events a joy through transformational technology. As Senior Product Manager, you’ll play a fundamental role in the “transformational” element of this mission, and help create a seamless experience for our customers, agents, and venues. You'll work on a variety of projects from our well-established marketplace to our new virtual event products.
You will take a lead on understanding our bookers and major product decisions, and will be supported by a junior Product Manager to help maintain detailed, organised and ruthlessly prioritised sprints for our engineers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a modern, best-practices based customer discovery process including identifying subjects to research, carrying out the research, and ensuring it is integrated into the product development lifecycle.
- Leading a modern, best practice based user-testing process including identifying subjects to test prototypes and releases on, carrying out tests at a regular cadence, and ensuring test results are integrated into the product development lifecycle.
Communication and stakeholder management
- Involving stakeholders in product decisions from an early stage and incorporating their views as appropriate.
- Communicating product changes to the team and to our users.
- Maintaining and communicating the wider roadmap with the team and users.
- Prioritisation of new products, features, and product iterations.
- Maintenance of high-level roadmap to allow for flexible forward planning in product work
- Working closely with our UX/UI designer to produce hi-fidelity designs for user validated products/features
- The detailed specification of product requirements on all tickets considered for each sprint. To include wireframes as appropriate.
- Working with internal stakeholders to communicate upcoming product iterations which will affect them / their team.
- Organising pre-planning huddles to make sure each ticket is conducted with a full understanding of each developer.
- Leading technical planning sessions as required.
- Build on existing work to identify and collect metrics to inform product decisions
- Analysis of chosen metrics to analyse the impact of product decisions
- Design, specify and implement split tests to test product hypotheses in production
- Provision of professional development and coaching for other members of the product team, and de-facto product owners within the team
Key Measures of Success:
- Improvement on KPIs linked to epics
- ROI of the engineering team
- Feedback from event bookers, venues, and venues on our product in quarterly surveys
- Product - for collaboration on best practice and for professional development
- Engineers - for backlog grooming, execution, and management of sprints
- Wider Team - for feedback on product designs, and to channel feedback from customers
- Senior Leadership - for alignment on strategic direction
You should apply if you:
- You have 4 or more years’ experience of working within a product role, or similar
- You have experience working both pre and post product-market fit, on new and established products
- You are growth-minded and understand the speed of decision making required in a rapidly scaling business.
- You have extensive product management experience and know-how to bridge the gap between brilliant user experience and what reaches the market with speed and impact.
- You easily earn the trust of stakeholders and teams with a collaborative approach, and want to develop these skills towards a leadership role
- You take the time to develop relationships with everyone (users, sales, customer success, and the general market).
- You will be an excellent communicator who can speak with people from a broad range of professional backgrounds - able to understand concepts and explain limitations between sales and engineers!
- You have sound analytical skills and a thorough understanding of the complete software development lifecycle including design and adaptation
- You will have a passion for taking on many projects at once, balancing the swift release process with the need for attention to detail.
- You have an interest in events and hospitality and the positive impact that bringing people together can have
It would be a bonus if:
- You have experience working both pre and post product market fit, on new and established products
- You have some professional experience working within the event, or broader hospitality, industry
- Marketplace experience working with
- You are multilingual, especially in professional level German
- £60,000 p.a. salary
- Generous EMI share option scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity benefits
- Regular team socials (virtually and, in-person as guidelines allow)
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Remote-first set-up, work from anywhere
- Home office spending allowance
- Free nights out in London's most exciting venues (as guidelines allow)
- Free independent wellbeing coaching and therapy sessions as part of our Mental Health initiative
- This role is initially a remote role, with the proviso that you will be working with an office that operates on UK time
- Our client base is predominantly in London and you may be required to occasionally visit client sites for product invoices time to time
- While coronavirus restrictions allow, we will provide the opportunity for people to flexibly work in an office setting should they wish, and will organise monthly hybrid team away days to allow COVID-safe face to face communication with your teammates.
- We foresee that remote working will continue and will review this on a continual basis.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
- At Hire Space, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status, or disability status.